Photo courtesy of Heather Loehr Photography! CLICK PHOTO TO SEE HER GREAT WORK!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Home study starts next week!

The first milestone in the adoption process starts next week.  We have chosen a hague certified adoption home study provider in Indiana.  A home study takes anywhere from 1 - 3 months to complete and is a fairly extensive process.  This process involves education and preparation as well as the gathering of information about the prospective parents.  We have to gather a number of financial documents, health certifications, criminal background checks, fingerprinting, references, family photos, (take a breath)... multiple in home visits, interviews, Hague training, and the list goes on...  The task seems daunting at first but we are going into this process with a very positive attitude.  I have already been pushed to take action on a number of household items that I have "been meaning to get around to" for a while now.


While I have a house full of children, they are not little anymore and I quickly realized that my house needs "child proofed".  Broken plastic ring on the play set, fixed.  Apparently little kids do not do well with big steps and require a gate to keep them safe...  Who knew!  <-- a joke of course...  I found use for the plastic electrical outlet protectors I have "been meaning to get rid of" for a while now :-)  While I was 'in the fixing mood" my wife took the opportunity to get a few items, not related to the home study, knocked off the list as well.  If I ever see another bag of landscaping rocks I might scream!


Keep posted!  

No comments:

Post a Comment